Last week, the AvantLink team wrapped up their time at Affiliate Summit West 2018. The conference always ends with a handful of great takeaways, many of which are expected and some of which are not.
From a high level, ASW ’18 seemed to mark a positive shift in direction and feel of the conference. There were noticeably more attendees who seemed interested in cost-per-sale affiliate marketing as opposed to lead gen or CPM marketing opportunities. Education sessions were largely focused on subjects relating to traditional affiliate marketing. And from a company perspective, there was a clear drop in people walking up to our booth to ask if AvantLink was interested in buying traffic from Russian dating websites (that’s not a joke)....there was a clear drop in people asking if AvantLink was interested in buying traffic from Russian dating websites.Click To Tweet
As lessons learned go, the conference didn’t necessarily teach us anything new or shocking about the affiliate channel, instead reinforcing the important pillars of operation in the space. These include:
- An emphasis on one-on-one communications and in-person if possible.
- The value of thinking outside of the box strategically. No one clicks banner ads anymore. How do affiliates think about strategic link inclusion in their content and making their advertising efforts look more like content-enhancements?
- There is no such thing as strength in numbers in the affiliate channel. A quality over quantity approach will always yield a better outcome, both in the form of equitable partnerships and ROI.
- That word above- partnerships- is still at the core of everything affiliate marketing. Affiliates are branding and sales strategy partners for their merchants. Merchants are business partners with affiliates. It may sound slightly cliche, but in the end that’s what the entire channel not only boils down to but depends on for success.
- Bonus- Good steakhouses in Las Vegas are where real business planning happens.
New Merchant Launches
Cedar Mill Firearms is dedicated to providing the best quality firearm accessories without any compromise. Our entire line of pistol and rifle cases that will serve you through life’s demands. As gun enthusiasts ourselves, we know what gun owners expect, and we strive to deliver the best service and products available.
The Western Dakota Tech Bookstore offers a wide variety of school supplies and WDT apparel, in addition to required textbooks. Buy or sell used and new textbooks, find official Western Dakota Technical Institute gear, and purchase software and gifts – all online.
The Miami University Bookstore is a local bookstore serving the students, faculty and staff of Miami University with pride. Our primary goal is to ensure students are able to obtain the course materials they need at reasonable prices. We also provide many other items to support your academic career and school spirit.
Bedphones are sleep headphones that were created by Eric Dubs, a location-independent product developer. With a background in mechanical engineering, a passion for music and a desire for a great night’s sleep, Eric set out to solve an issue plaguing music-lovers and poor sleepers everywhere: no headphones were comfortable enough to wear to bed.
**AvantLink Australia Launch**
Welcome to the exclusive club for discerning carnivores. Carnivore Club Australia is the world’s first artisan cured meat of the month club. We are the ultimate subscription box club for discerning foodies who love enjoying dry cured meats.
The T-Bird Bookstore is a local bookstore serving the students, faculty and staff of Cloud County Community College with pride since 1965. Our primary goal is to ensure students are able to obtain the course materials they need at reasonable prices.
Future Forged designs and manufactures the worlds lightest AR grips. By continuously researching the bleeding edge of technology and materials, we provide the very best in rifle accessories and modification.
Pure Hockey is the largest hockey retailer in the USA and has the deepest selection of equipment at the cheapest prices. With first-hand knowledge, Pure Hockey knows the importance of quality hockey equipment and stand firmly behind all their products and unmatched return policy. With fast shipping, hands-on help, and digital education content, you’ll receive the best and easiest hockey experience online.
Do you have a website or blog related to Firearms or Shooting? Are doing video reviews of your favorite firearms gear? If so join the E-Arms Affiliate program and start earning money for every qualified buyer you send our way. We have worked hard to optimize our site for high conversion, which translates to more money in your pocket.
Our vision is to provide stress-free access to the top CPAP masks in the industry. Our mission is to develop a progressive, customer feedback-based business model that revolutionizes the sleep apnea industry. Our tactics is to make customer service a top priority to provide a positive & memorable experience every time you visit.
Latest posts by Chad Waite (see all)
- Ecommerce Spending Grows 17% In 2017 | AvantLink Weekly Roundup - February 23, 2018
- Will Chrome’s Ad Block Impact Affiliate Marketing? | AvantLink Weekly Roundup - February 16, 2018
- Promoting The Olympics | AvantLink Weekly Roundup - February 9, 2018